Fire Rated Glass
Fire Rated glass manufactured in pebble-sized fragments used as a medium to retain and direct heat, usually in gas fireplaces and fire pits. Fire Rated glass does not burn, but retains heat and refracts light as a result of burning gas.
Bear Glass Fire Rated Glass products come in a variety of thicknesses and styles, their use and application is as part of a system which has been tested to achieve the correct rating.
All our Fire Rated Glass products are etched stamped with the details of the type and rating a specific thickness has been tested to and we can advise on the best use of Fire Rated Glass in specific situations.
Different Types of Fire Rated Glass
Bear Glass Fire Rated Glass products come in a variety of thicknesses and styles
Polished Wire Glass
Polished Wired Glass is far and away the most well known product in the industry. Polished Wired glass is able to pass the hose stream test, and has earned a 45 minute rating (even higher in very small door sizes).
Transparent Wall Units
Transparent and Wireless, Ceramic Glass offers a distinct aesthetic advantage. It comes in a range of make-ups that can provide many different characteristics: fire ratings up to 3 hours, high impact safety ratings, sound reduction, etc. It can also be beveled, etched or sandblasted without affecting the fire rating.
Specialty Tempered Glass
Bear Glass Specialty Tempered Glass has become a popular alternative for low level fire safety. It is clear, wireless and has a fairly moderate initial investment. High impact ratings make it suitable for some door applications.
Ceramic Glass is a category of fire-rated glazing that has entered the market during the past 12 years. Ceramic has long been known for its amazing ability to withstand heat and thermal shock. That’s why today you can find ceramic in everything from cooktops to car engines.
Advantages of Fire Rated Glass
- Restricts spread of flames, smoke and hot gases
- Maintains integrity when fractured or sprayed with water
- Proven real-life performance
- Available in clear and textured versions
- Cost effective fire resistant solution
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Tested in widest range of sizes and applications
- Suitable for use in many different framing systems
- Readily available and easily cut
- Accepted by Fire and Building Control Authorities
- Acts as deterrent to would-be intruders